Google Translator

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Halloween Cards!




I have been busy making a few Halloween cards.  I bought some Graphic 45 paper on sale! I love the colors of this fabulous paper- perfect for Halloween!  I used alot of my Sizzix dies to embellish these cards.  Take a look at the inside-

 
The inside of the cards are a 6 x 6 square that I scored at 3 inches - then turn the paper and score again at 3 inches.  The last score is on the diagonal.  I was inspired by this blog -
 
 
Of course, it's not in English but you can see from the picture how to score the page.   Once scored you can collapse the card as you see above.  It is then glue/taped into the fold of my Halloween card.  I love how it opens up when you open the card!  I used Martha Stewards punch around the corner Spider Web on the card on the left.  Here are some close - ups-
 
 
 
 
I traveled today to Brimfield, Mass for the giant outside flea market with my sisters, again!  We went in July but it was sooo hot!  We thought today would be much more fun with cooler weather.  I could not believe how many people turned out!  Many more than in July!!  Here are just a few pictures of some the wonderful items there- What a fun day!
 





 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    How are you?
    I think it has become pretty adorable Halloween cards. Thanks for the link to me! Now I have a translate button! -smile-

    Greetings and hugs from Germany
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gaby!
      Thank you for your kind comment!! I loved your card!!! It is such a clever idea!! I saw your translation button but it does not seem to work!!?? It would be great to be able to read your blog!!
      Hugs back to you!
      Chris

      Delete
  2. I love your Halloween cards! Now I understand what you were trying to explain to me! Had fun on Saturday too but was exhausted when I got home! Can't wait for May 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,

    What awesome pop up Halloween cards! The spider web border is so cool and spooky too! Glad you had fun at the flea market. I would go crazy over the Halloween stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your cards on Pinterest. They are really cute! I'm a fellow Mainer, I live in Stonington. Another coincidence is that I used to live in Sturbridge, MA, right next to Brimfield.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card!! Would like to make them for my co-workers. What size is the base? Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! But I don't have the cards anymore ...I would make the inside of the card first and then experiment with the size. If I had to guess..I would say I used a 6 x 6 card base...try it...Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
    2. hmm. maybe not 6 x 6 but I believe it was at least 6 inches wide...

      Delete
  6. Chris, thanks for this card. I made one for my sister who is in a nursing home with Alzheimers. I am sure she will give a smile when she opens it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it will bring a smile to your sister! Thank you for your message! All the best! Chris

      Delete
    2. So glad it will bring a smile to your sister! Thank you for your message! All the best! Chris

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing your cards and the link to Gaby's original post.

    ReplyDelete