Google Translator

Monday, September 18, 2017

Nutcracker Pop Up


I have been playing in my Craft room again.  I am trying to figure out what I want to do for Christmas cards this year.  I know it's early but it takes me forever to make that decision.  I saw this great tutorial on Pinterest that used Stampin Up's Window box thinlits and I wanted to try it.   Well, I have a thing for Nutcrackers!  I do have a small collection of them and I love trying to recreate them using Punch art.  The tutorial is great- they use it to make a beautiful display of flowers.  I just wanted to try something different. 

 Here is the tutorial-


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/ATBiJfedOFruyAajiqRsLTXleUM2HCi-LpX0DCWH0okaXWpi4hpJJYE/


The first picture below shows the box empty.  I did add some interest in case I wanted to use it as a card - that is the next picture.   I used the Top note die for the head-  and lots of different punches to finish his face and body.   I added the arms but I am not sure you really need them.  It is still cute without them.





This picture shows that you can use it as a candy dish.  I lifted it up and it held the candy in place.  Now, if the candy was bigger - it might be too heavy for this box.  Don't you love their moustache?!  I have a punch for that!

You can see the back of the box holds more candy!  It is also where I would add my sentiment.



It does fold up so you could mail it if you wanted to send it to someone.


I must be feeling Christmas because once I had completed my Nutcracker - I had some left over paper and used it to make this Toy Soldier.  The plume on his hat is the arm of a snow flake die.  His hat is Stampin Up's tag punch.  I don't think the nutcracker or my toy soldier will be my Christmas card this year but they were fun to make!  Back to the drawing board!




3 comments:

  1. Oh Love these. I also have a thing for Nutcrackers but only have one in my collection at the moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have the instructions for this Nutcracker?? The video is of flowers. I really love the one you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Deb..the video shows how to make the base...I don't have a video for my nutcracker..maybe I can do one....???

    ReplyDelete