Google Translator

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wild Women Do!!

I made this card for someone who is turning 50.  I am not really sure how she feels about turning 50.  Now, 50 is just a memory for me but I wanted to make a somewhat funny card that shows that life really begins at 50!  I was inspired by the the Art Impressions stamp that my sister purchased recently. Here is a look at her card. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1976630?&si=cbmott
  I borrowed it from her to use and then decided to try and recreate it in punch art.  You can find that stamp and many other hilarous stamps on their web site-
I had made the automobile sometime ago and was just looking for a use for it! I used SU eyelet punch for the sunglasses.  At least that is what I think they call it??  The lens part of their sunglasses gets punch out- I just glued them back in and added a little glitter to the lens.  They look like they have stars in their eyes! The mouth I drew in and added white gel for their teeth.  Here are closer shots.


For the inside sentiment - I haven't decided which one to use.  Again- I love the humorous one!  Hehehe..snort snort... but I have the fall back of the more sentimental one! That one is from SU's All Holidays stamp set.  CORRECTION:  I made a boo boo as to where I found the humorous sentiment below- it was also from Art Impressions found here-

So sorry for my error!


14 comments:

  1. Found this card on SCS just now. I love it and left a comment there. Do you offer instructions on how to make the paper punch art car + ladies? If not, where can I find it? Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabby-
    Thanks for your comment! I made up the car and the ladies... I have been saying I am going to do a video and I think it would be fun to show how to do these. I am on vacation soon and will have the time to do it!!! Watch my blog for more info...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!!! It looks like the stamp that Connie has! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoopee!! Love your card. It came out great. The punch art gals are so cute. The car is perfect. Love the sentiment, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and the really funny sentiment so much that I went to the site with the link and searched and searched and then I sent them an email and they replied that the Happy 29th Birthday from your 110 lb friend stamp is NOT theirs...Can you check the stamp again and if you know where I can get it, let me know? I have to have it:)

    khasheck@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen-
    So sorry for my error. I must have surfed both sites and incorrected named the wrong. I have made the correction above! Glad you liked the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, have the girls stamp from AI. But I do love your version of it using punches! Very well done! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great card - looking forward to knowing how you did all of the punch art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, you made me laugh and I really needed that today after putting my 16 year old pup to sleep due to cancer. I would love to see a video on both the car and ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ottersln-

    So sorry to hear about your pet! I am glad I made you laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this card is amazing! i love the vitality and joy emanating from it. thanks so much for inspiring me

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute colorful card I love it, I will be watching for the video,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chris,

    Love the wild women card! I'm sure the gal turning "50" will love it too.

    ReplyDelete