Google Translator

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Valentine's Day card for Queenie!

My mother-in-law is in a nursing home in Northern Maine. She is going to be 96 years old this year. Queenie  has always been a gentle, warm and loving mother to me.   I love her much.  I know she loves birds and especially cardinals!  My husband asked if I would make her a card with her favorite birds. So, of course, I had to try and make the Cascading card work!  I forgot I had a Sizzix tree die.  It worked perfectly for my birds.  The cardinals are made from the SU bird punch. 
I love my new Memory box die that I used for the back of this card. Memory box dies are my new favorite thing.   Sometimes the Cascading card almost feels like you are decorating a float.  I really love the 3D effect the card brings.  The picture below shows how it closes to allow it to be mailed.
It is extra large and will cost more but I think it is worth it if Queenie enjoys it! 

Side view


14 comments:

  1. The cardinals are beautiful and Queenie will love it. I see you used your new Memory Box die--good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my dear...wowza, you really are outdoing yourself Chris, you truly are a incredible women!!! eveytime i think you did a fantastic job on one you come up with another one. truly amazing on every single one. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am positive she will love your card. I do! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness... Oh My Goodness!!!! WONDERFUL!!! I haven't seen anything like this.... How does one do this???

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beauty! And I'm sure EVERYBODY in her nursing home will enjoy it immensely! I'm checking out Memory Box now....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. Great job! Thanks for sharing and I am sure she and everyone else will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great cascading card. Queenie will love and remember you. The birds look right at home in those trees. Nice work..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing and fabulous card - lucky Queenie to have such a wonderful and loving DIL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card has an instant "wow-factor" to it! Incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need more articles and blogs please post soon.Valentine Cards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I know Queenie will love it-it makes me happy, and it's not even mine!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete