Google Translator

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

By the Sea Lighthouse


June is finally here!  I am hoping that means long, sunny, warm days!  I purchased Tim Holtz's Luminary die recently and couldn't wait to play with it!  The By the Sea paper by Graphic 45 is fabulous for these projects!   My daughter's birthday is coming up and I needed to make a card for her special day.  I was inspired by the many cards I saw on Pinterest that used the By the Sea paper.  Here is one I really loved-

http://walkelmol.blogspot.com/2014/04/by-sea-graphic-45-card.html


My daughter lives on the island of North Haven just off of Rockland.  I visited there recently on a beautiful sunny day!  My last post had a couple of pictures of the view as you arrive by ferry.   The lobster inside the card is a die from Memory Box. 



Close up


Inside Sentiment

I love Tim's Luminary die!  I added the tea light to the top but you can really put anything inside this luminary.   There are a lot of creative ideas on  Pinterest!  I saw this die used for Halloween and Christmas!  Very cool!


 I loved getting out all my nautical dies to use for this project!  I still have space to add a sentiment if I want to use it to give to someone for a birthday!  The top comes off and I can fill the box with yummies as a gift too! 


I wanted to share a picture of the lobster roll we had recently at our new favorite restaurant, Bay Haven in Cornish, Maine.  They are about an hour from where we live but worth the drive.   Their lobster rolls are fabulous!  My brother-in-law laughs when we take pictures of our food but this was a show stopper!  Look at all the lobsta!



I had the Lobster Melt!  Ton of lobster in that sandwich too!  The bread is dipped in butter and Parmesan Cheese and then put on the griddle.  It is fabulous!




 The weather has finally improved here!  I am looking forward to a vacation in a couple of weeks!  I hope I get to spend more time in my craft room!  Happy June to everyone!








7 comments:

  1. Hi, I love the light house box. I understand how you did the luminary die. But how did you make the box part of the lighthouse?. This set is darling. Thanks for sharing. Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fabulous tutorial to make the box that the luminary sits on- I didn't use this tutorial but I made the box and it works perfectly! If you don't want to cover - you can cut it off but I think the cover is perfect too! Check it out-

      http://www.pinterest.com/pin/48835977184470813/

      Delete
  2. I have the luminary die and get that part of the lighthouse. But how did you make the the bottom of the lighthouse. Are you going to do a tutorial on that or can you post the instructions. Just love it and would love to make it for Father's Day for an avid lighthouse fan....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out this tutorial for the box part of the lighthouse-

      http://www.pinterest.com/pin/48835977184470813/

      Delete
  3. Let me see what I can do for instructions over the weekend! Thank you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awful cute lighthouse. Love graphic 45 by the sea paper! Callie's card is beautiful! Pretty, pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always blow me away Chris with your creative talent! Your daughter is one special gal.

    ReplyDelete