Google Translator

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Gate Card


I love getting back into my studio!  I lose track of time when I am working on a new project. I am loving the new Heartfelt Creations dies I purchased recently.  They have instructions on their site on how to make a Gate card with their dies.  But I own a Sizzix Big Kick machine.  I wanted my card to be the same dimensions that they use with their instructions but my machine is not big enough.  I had to make the center of the Gate fold card separate and then add the sides.  I created a 1/4 inch flap on each side of the center.  I added the flaps with glue and then decorated!  On the way to Florida, we stopped at the fabulous craft store- Absolutely Everything.  It is located in Topsfield, Mass.  I love that place.  I bought several new dies from the Memory Box line. The purple swirls above the sentiment is from their line. The hiding bunny is from Spellbinder's.  I have a few more Easter cards to make!

Outside view

2 comments:

  1. I saw this card on Splitcoast. I love the card closed, too. It really give the person a thrill to think what might be inside. Nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete