Google Translator

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cindy's Card

Friends are forever!
Our friend, Cindy is having a birthday! We met her when she was a SU demonstrator.  My sister's and I love her like another sister!  She isn't demonstrating anymore but we still have lots of fun with her!  Tonight is a get together with Cindy and her husband to celebrate her birthday and to just get spend some time together. What better way to spend a Saturday night!  
I used a Spellbinder's die to cut out the "window."  I cut the die cut in half and scored them to make the "shutters".   The faces of the women are made from- SU's  oval punch & tag punch.  I rounded the tag punch just a little to make it look more like a face.  The curly blonde hair are what pieces you usually discard of the Memory Box die called Honeysuckle Vine.  Hmmm.. I think the rest is really just made from whatever punch or die I have available.  For instance their bodies are made from SU's tag punch that I rounded somewhat to soften the look.   You can use an oval punch or a slot punch to make the necklines. The arms are, again, the slot punch, at least I believe that's what it is called. The mouths are hand drawn since I can't seem to perfect that look!  Here are more pics-
inside peek

Side view



4 comments:

  1. Very creative with the punches! Love the colors and the design of this card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, I love your work. Thanks for all the ideas.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so wonderful, amazing and gosh you "WOW" me sometimes, actually most of the time. lol! Its great to see and know what you have used to make your projects. Thanks for showing us.
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i love this card and have ahd it in my faves for a while now. A friend of mine is turning 50 this year adn we are having a special high tea for her so have cased your card to use. thanks so much for the inspiration . here is my effort http://craftycowcreations.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/high-tea-for-special-lady-who-is-50.html
    cheers clare

    ReplyDelete