Google Translator

Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!

 
 
 
So much to do and so little time!  The New Year is here - off and running!  It feels like forever since I have posted anything!  I thought I would share a few of things that have been going on!  My sister, Rochelle, gave us our name tags for seating from Christmas!  I recycled them into Thank you cards!  I love these little elves!   Here is a close up!
 
 
 

 
I used a Snowflake embossing folder for the background and ran silver ink over the raised parts of the card.  Instead of the elf holding a name card - I used decorative paper to make a "gift".  This card was easy since I already had the completed elf!
 
Take a look at the Whoppie Pie below that we bought to share for New Year's Eve!  It's HUGH!  You would think it would be dry since it's SO big.  But no!  It was perfect!  We bought it on our way to Rockland when we took Ezra back to the boat to go home.  We had our Grandson over New Year's Eve!  That was fun too!  The store is Lincoln's Country Store in Warren.  It is our new favorite place to go.  They have a great meat counter there too!  It looks more like a gas station- we have been going by it for years.  My husband only stopped because he was thirsty.  If you go to Rockland -you should stop here for sure!
 

 I had to share  photo of the stairs my hubby just completed!  The stairs lead down to my craft room.  The risers were made with plywood that I had painted white.  I don't have a before picture but I really wanted to change them out.  I saw stairs on Pinterest that were finished with bead board!  I love them and I love how these turned out!  Hubby did a fabooo job! 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Precious thank you cards!

    That's one heck of a whoopie pie!

    Gold star to your husband on the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the elf cards. They are so cute. The whoopie pie looks bigger in person. It was huge. Tom did a great job on the stairs. Love the look.

    ReplyDelete