Google Translator

Friday, November 9, 2012

Christmas Advent Calendar


I bought Kaiser's Advent Calendar Kit this summer for half price!  I have wanted to make one for my grandson, Ezra.  I have finally finished it-  Well almost- finished it!  I have really had fun working on this project-  A little bit each night after work.  Now, my husband and I have the challenge of filling each little box with a little "surprise".  It really is a challenge since the box is only about 1 1/2 inches.  I am thinking candy, coins, and little cars ( Ezra loves cars) hmmm.. what else?  That will be the challenge....
 
Check out a few more pictures from start to finish-
 
I used wood glue to adhere the kit together.  I also used wood glue to make sure the little boxes stayed together.  Then I glued ( with regular glue) scrap card stock to each little box.  I did use Graphic 45 paper for the green background.  Love, love, Graphic 45 paper!!! 



 
 
I used Sizzix's 3D sleigh and Reindeer dies to make my Santa fly!  The "reins" are Memory Box Jingle bells die. 
 
 
 Here I have started to glue decorative scrap paper to my little boxes. I also made an origami Christmas Tree to give it another bit of 3D effect!  Fun! Fun!



You can't have a sleigh without a Santa! I used SU's bird punch for Santa's moustache  His beard is from Spellbinder's Paisley die.  I love how Santa fit into his sleigh- I so hope Ezra likes it too!!!


I don't believe I am completely finished with this project.  I am thinking of wrapping little gifts for under the tree and maybe a few in Santa's sleigh.  I will spend the weekend looking for more little finds that a 5 year old might like to have each day in December.  It promises to be a fun weekend!!!



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.. Ezra is going to love this. What a keepsake from his grandmother. I love the Santa and sleigh... I think you could put coins in a box or two and he would love that besides all the other goodies.. ummmm...maybe even.. folded dollar bills..
    What fun to plan what to put in each one.. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that I usually don't reply to posts, but this is fantastic and I just had to tell you. I hope Ezra cherishes it forever. I'd love to do one for my grandchildren, but unfortunately they have never been taught the value of things and both the kids and mom would not cherish it. When my grandson was small we'd go to play at the park and then go on scavenger hunts. Grandpa would walk ahead and scatter things from the dollar store or party city that were small. He loved finding them. You might look in the party favors for more ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy-
      Thank you for your message and kind words! I will check out the party section of our local dollar store!! Fabulous idea! I really appreciate your leaving me a message!
      Thanks again- Chris

      Delete
  3. Chris this is so wonderful. I have always wanted to do one for each of my sisters, i have 5 but to expensive for me. Half price is great!! I love the Sleigh and I know your grandson will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandson is going to love this Chris! Wow, Santa looks fabulous with his sleigh. You have put quite a bit of time into this masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great calendar! Ezra is going to love it! I especially love the Santa- so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete