Google Translator

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I baked a cake!

I had to try Joan's beautiful Paper Cake!  It uses Spellbinder dies and lots of glue.  The top of the cake is one of the labels die and the cake itself is the die that looks like an open book.  It is held together with a pipe cleaner!!  I just loved making it! This is my first one but I want to try different color combos.  I am not much of a cook but this cake was fun to make!  You can find Joan's directions for this cake on her blog here:
http://craftski.multiply.com/journal/item/508/Lets_Make_Cake  - She also had a video that shows how to put it together!  I hope you enjoy my cake.  The picture below just shows you the top of the cake.  I added some flowers at the base for fun!!  The bead at the top is from AC Moore.  I know who this cake is going to and I hope she loves it!

4 comments:

  1. Looks good enough to eat! Great color! You know who will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a beautiful cake. Love the bead being an old crow... I have to check out the video. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is stunning! It must have taken you quite a while to create. I followed you from Connie's blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete